Information and communications technology (ICT) statistics give you information about supply and use of ICT.
Use the links below to find the statistics you need.
Explore our latest ICT statistics.
Supply of ICT goods and services
Information and Communication Technology Supply Survey
Information collected every two years about the sales of ICT goods and services, including exports by businesses in ICT industries.
Internet Service Provider Survey
Information collected every year from all internet service providers (ISPs) about the Internet access they provide to households and businesses. Find out about:
- the number of Internet subscriptions
- broadband connection types and upload speeds
- data caps
- activities and growth of ISPs.
Use of ICT goods and services
Business Operations Survey
Information collected every two years about business use of ICT. Find out about:
- levels of computer and Internet use
- Internet connections, activities, and sales
- the benefits of and barriers to ICT use.
Household Use of Information and Communication Technology
Information collected every three years about household and individual use of ICT. Find information about:
- Internet connections
- data security and safety issues
- mobile phone use
- Internet activities, including buying goods online and use of social networking.
Government Use of Information and Communication Technology (no longer published)
Results from a one-off 2006 survey about government computer and Internet use.
Reports and articles
Explore information we've gathered from research or analysis.
Information and Communication Technology in New Zealand: 2006 (published 2007)
An overview of the supply and use of ICT in New Zealand.
Information and Communication Technology in New Zealand and Australia (published 2009)
Selected statistics about:
- sales of ICT goods and services
- ICT use
- Internet connection types and speeds.