Abortion statistics record the number and rate of induced abortions registered in New Zealand. We produce and publish these statistics on behalf of the Abortion Supervisory Committee.
Explore our latest abortion statistics.
Annual statistics about abortions. Find out about:
- abortion numbers and rates
- the duration of pregnancies ending in abortion
- the ages and ethnicities of women having abortions
- the number of previous abortions and live births of women having abortions
- how national abortion rates compare with those of other countries.
Analyse the numbers.
Select the following categories from the Infoshare homepage for annual data about abortions:
Subject category: Health
Group: Abortion statistics
Find out more about Infoshare.
Reports and articles
Explore information we’ve gathered from research and analysis.
Abortion trends in New Zealand 1980–2007 (published 2010)
Outline of national abortion trends in New Zealand since 1980, showing how different aspects have changed over time.
Information about data
Get technical information such as classifications used, survey design, and a glossary of statistical terms.
Technical information about how abortion statistics are produced.